Portuguese Style Trinchado Recipe
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Sep 1, 2019
5 out of 5 with 3 ratings
1 tablespoon of butter 1 tablespoon of olive oil2 lbs of beef, cubed2 large red onions. chopped2 or 3 red chili peppers, chopped4 garlic cloves, crushed 1 cup of beef broth1 bottle of red wine (about 3 cups) 1 bay leaf 3.5 ounces of pitted black olives 1 sprig of fresh rosemary 1/2 cup of cream (or regular milk)1 teaspoon of lemon rindSalt and pepper to taste Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy-based pan and brown the beef.
- Once brown, remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
- Over low heat, saute the onions and then add the chili peppers and cook for about a minute.
- Add the broth and wine, bring to a boil and stir continuously.
- Add the bay leaf, olives and the fresh rosemary and add the crushed garlic.
- Return the meat to the pan and simmer slowly for about 2 hours.
- Add the cream (or milk) and stir through (if you are using milk instead pour slowly and carefully).
- Add the fresh lemon rind and if you want extra rosemary.
- Season to taste and enjoy.