Serve these delicious Porto style bifanas (bifanas à moda do Porto) on fresh buns with a few spoons of the sauce and fries on the side.
1 lb of thin pork cutlets 1/2 cup of olive oil5 cloves of garlic, crushed1 tablespoon of paprika2 tablespoons of hot red pepper sauce 3 bay leaves3/4 cup of white wine3/4 cup of beer4 tablespoons of whiskey2 tablespoons of Port wine1 small lemon, juiceCoarse salt (to taste)2 teaspoons of piri piri sauceGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Put olive oil, rolled garlic cloves, paprika, pepper sauce and bay leaf in a pan and mix.
- Turn on the heat and let the garlic saute a little to release flavor but don't let it burn.
- Add the wine, beer, whiskey, port wine and a pinch of salt.
- When it boils, add the meat and mix it well in the sauce.
- Drizzle with half of the lemon juice, add the piri piri sauce and the remaiding lemon juice to the pan.
- Let it simmer for about 45 minutes, so that the meat is tender, if you see that you need more sauce, add some more beer or white wine (do not add water).
- Before removing from the heat, check the seasoning.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
What sort of beer do you use?
10 months ago, Saturday, September 25, 2021
Regular beer Marie.
10 months ago, Sunday, September 26, 2021
In most of Europe, beer covers a whole world of flavours. But here in Portugal, beer only really means lager. And in Porto, this means Super Bock. But any quality, mid-strength lager should do the job
8 months ago, Sunday, November 28, 2021