This simple carrot rice (arroz de cenoura) is is ideal to accompany a fish or a meat dish.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/2 cups of Carolino rice or similar2 large carrots, grated3 tablespoons of olive oil1 onion, chopped1 bay leaf, cut in half3 cups of waterSalt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the olive oil, onion and bay leaf, bring to a boil and stir and sauté without browning.
- When the onion is translucent, add the grated carrots and stir and cook until carrot softens.
- Add the rice, stir and let it warm until the rice is translucent.
- Season with salt, add the water and stir, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg, shows you step by step, how to make the popular Portuguese sponge cake (pão de ló ).
How to make New England clam chowder, a thick and creamy soup that is a classic dish in American cuisine, particularly in the New England region.
On this video, Nancy from DIYwithnancyg shows you how to make the popular and delicious Portuguese sweet bread (massa sovada).