Portuguese Carrot Rice Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Sides
Sep 12, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 and 1/2 cups of Carolino rice or similar2 large carrots, grated3 tablespoons of olive oil1 onion, chopped1 bay leaf, cut in half3 cups of waterSalt (to taste)
- Heat the olive oil, onion and bay leaf, bring to a boil and stir and sauté without browning.
- When the onion is translucent, add the grated carrots and stir and cook until carrot softens.
- Add the rice, stir and let it warm until the rice is translucent.
- Season with salt, add the water and stir, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
You Might Also Like These