This Lisbon style cod recipe (receita de bacalhau a Lisbonense) is very tasty, quick to make and guaranteed to be a success.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1/2 cup of olive oil1 clove of garlic, minced1 onion, cut into thin half moons1 bay leaf1 and 1/4 lbs of salt cod2 lbs of potatoes6 eggs1 tablespoon of butterParsley (to taste)Olives (to taste)Peppers (to taste)Pickles (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Soak the cod in water at least over night.
- Cook the cod in water and let it cool a little.
- Drain the cod, remove skin and bones, shred it and put aside.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into thin fries like shape and put aside.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, the minced garlic clove and the onion.
- Sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once it's browning, add the cod and stir for 2 minutes over the heat.
- Add the fries, stir carefully, and add the butter.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the skillet.
- Stir and cook until reaching the desired point, don't let it dry to much.
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with olives, peppers (to taste), parsley and pickles.
You might also like:
Here are 10 how to kitchen tips that will help you and you should remember before getting crazy in your kitchen.
This is a list of the top 5 most popular Portuguese appetizer recipes on PortugueseRecipes.ca.
On this video, Angela Castro shows you how to make Portuguese sweet rice pudding, also known as Arroz Doce in Portuguese, a traditional and beloved dessert in Portugal.