Portuguese Chickpea with Vegetables Soup Recipe
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Posted in: Soups / Stews
Sep 20, 2019
3 out of 5 with 5 ratings
1 lb of cooked chickpeas3/4 lb of halved potatoes1 lb of turnips, cut into pieces1 medium zucchini, sliced1 lb of pumpkin, cut into pieces1/4 cup of olive oil1 large onion, coarsely chopped2 cloves of garlic, minced1 cube of chicken bouillon1 lb of cabbage, cut in julienne1/2 lb of turnips, diced2 medium carrots, cut into thin slices1/4 lb of very small pastaSalt (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil, onion and garlic and stir and let it sauté a little without browning.
- Add the chickpeas, zucchini, potatoes, pumpkin, sliced turnips, the chicken bouillon cube and season with salt.
- Finally, add about 3 liters of water (about 12 cups), enough to cover the vegetables.
- Stir, cover and simmer over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Once vegetables are cooked, blend everything, if the soup is too thick, add some more water.
- Add the cabbage, turnip cubes and carrots, stir and bring to a boil.
- When it begins to boil, stir and let it cook for 10 minutes, stiring from time to time so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
You Might Also Like These