This delicious Portuguese style chicken primavera (frango primavera) makes a great family meal any day of the week.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 whole chicken1 cup of tomato sauce1 red pepper1 yellow pepper1 green pepper3 cloves of garlic, chopped1 onion, chopped4 tablespoons of olive oilWhite wine (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the chicken into pieces.
- Wash the peppers, dry them out and cut them in half, then clean them, remove seeds and cut in pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and the onion.
- Then add the peppers and put on high heat for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and brown for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate completely.
- Add the tomato sauce and salt, stir, cover with a lid and cook the chicken for about 35/40 minutes over medium heat, turning it occasionally.
- When the chicken is cooked, check the salt, add the pepper to taste, stir and serve.
I love Portuguese food. Thank you for sharing.
1 year ago, Thursday, August 11, 2022
Portuguese cuisine best in the world!
2 years ago, Wednesday, September 8, 2021
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese milk tarts, there are many different types of tarts in Portugal and these are very popular.
Portugal has an oversized history, fascinating culture, and boatloads of sardines.
How to make New England clam chowder, a thick and creamy soup that is a classic dish in American cuisine, particularly in the New England region.