This delicious Portuguese pumpkin soup (sopa de abóbora) is a very traditional soup in Portugal. It has a sweet and unique pumpkin flavor to it and a smooth texture.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 lbs of pumpkin1 tablespoon of olive oil1 tomato, diced2 carrots1 onion, minced4 garlic cloves, minced1 teaspoon of chopped parsley1 teaspoon of cinnamon powderSalt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel the pumpkin and carrots and cut them into cubes.
- Add them to a blender and puree them until they are a smooth and even consistency.
- Now add them to a saucepan with water along with the minced onion and garlic cloves.
- Add the tomato, olive oil, and cinnamon powder, stir very well and bring it to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are tender and soft, reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add more water if it's too thick and cook a bit longer on low heat.
- Once it is done, add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
You might also like:
Europe's last secret paradise, Madeira.
There are several effective ways to catch fruit flies, depending on your preferences and the supplies you have on hand.
This Portuguese style pizza with linguiça, São Jorge cheese and bolo do caco dough is delicious.