Algarve Style Fried Squid Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 11, 2019
2 out of 5 with 2 ratings
2 lbs of medium or small squid1 and 3/4 lbs of boiled potatoes1/2 cup of olive oil3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed1 bay leaf1/2 cup of white wine1 bunch of parsleyWhite pepper (to taste)Sea salt (to taste)
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Wash the squids thoroughly in cold water without opening them and season with salt.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Add the garlic cloves, bay leaf and white pepper to taste (don't let the garlic burn).
- Add the squids and fry on both sides over low heat and drizzle the white wine while it cooks.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with boiled potatoes.
* If you use fresh squid, it will take longer to cook.
* You can freeze them first so that they are softer.