Algarve Style Fried Squid Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesFri, Oct 11, 2019
4 out of 5 with 9 ratings
Views: 16748 - Comments 3
2 lbs of medium or small squid1 and 3/4 lbs of boiled potatoes1/2 cup of olive oil3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed1 bay leaf1/2 cup of white wine1 bunch of parsleyWhite pepper (to taste)Sea salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Wash the squids thoroughly in cold water without opening them and season with salt.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Add the garlic cloves, bay leaf and white pepper to taste (don't let the garlic burn).
- Add the squids and fry on both sides over low heat and drizzle the white wine while it cooks.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with boiled potatoes.
* If you use fresh squid, it will take longer to cook.
* You can freeze them first so that they are softer.
Recipe & Photo Credit: recipesdeportugal.com
jenefa - 8 Months ago
[reply] (+1) (-0)
Great to hear. 👍
8 Months ago (+0) (-0)
tartempion - 8 Months ago
pour attendrir les calmars les metres dans du lait toute la nuit au refrigerateur vos calmars seront vraiment tendre le lendemain les egouttes et les secher avec du papier toweil