Portuguese Style Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Oct 15, 2019
0 out of 5 with ratings
6 big and ripe tomatoes2 tablespoons of olive oilThe white part of 1 leek, cut into thin slices1 bay leaf3 cans of tuna in olive oil, well-drained3 ounces of sliced black olivesSalt (to taste)White pepper (to taste)Dried oregano leaves (to taste)3 ounces of grated mozzarella cheese3 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the tops of the tomatoes and save the tops.
- Using a knife or spoon, remove the tomato pulp from inside the tomatoes and put the tomatoes aside.
- Remove the seeds from the tomato pulp and cut the remaining of the pulp in small cubes and set aside.
- Mix the Parmesan and mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil, leek and bay leaf.
- Stir and cook until leek begins to soften.
- Add the diced tomatoes and sauté very well.
- Once it's well sautéed, add the tuna.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix well, let it heat slightly and remove from the heat.
- Add the olive slices, 2/3 of the cheese and remove the bay leaf, mix well and season with some oregano.
- Divide the stuffing into the tomatoes, filling them well with a spoon so that the tomatoes are well stuffed.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray.
- On top of the tomatoes, add the remaining cheese.
- Finally, sprinkle the tomatoes with oregano leaves and cover them with the lids.
- Bake in preheated oven at 190ºC or 375ºF and cook for 35 minutes.