This delicious cream cake (bolo de natas) also contains grated coconut and orange juice / zest.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1 and 1/3 cups of sugar1 and 3/4 cups of whipping cream 35%4 eggsJuice and zest from 1 orange2 tablespoons of grated coconutA pinch of salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and sugar and beat well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Then add the orange zest to the mixture, followed by the orange juice.
- Whip the cream and then add the orange, egg and sugar mixture.
- Finally you will add the flour and baking powder into the mixture, followed by the coconut and the pinch of salt.
- Stir well without beating so that everything is well incorporated.
- Grease a round cake pan with butter, pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Test it by sticking a toothpick in the center, if it comes out dry then the cake is baked.
- Let it cool down a bit before unmolding, enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.
The 20 best Portuguese foods to try while visiting Portugal.
Portugal is an important tourist destination in Europe and the world. Visiting this beautiful country is to discover a remarkably diverse destination. Let's take a look at the best 10 places to visit in Portugal.