Cream Cake (Bolo de natas) Recipe
Posted in: Cake RecipesMon, Oct 21, 2019
3 out of 5 with 101 ratings
Views: 51061 - Comments 0
2 cups of flour1 teaspoon of baking powder1 and 1/3 cups of sugar1 and 3/4 cups of whipping cream 35%4 eggsJuice and zest from 1 orange2 tablespoons of grated coconutA pinch of salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and sugar and beat well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Then add the orange zest to the mixture, followed by the orange juice.
- Whip the cream and then add the orange, egg and sugar mixture.
- Finally you will add the flour and baking powder into the mixture, followed by the coconut and the pinch of salt.
- Stir well without beating so that everything is well incorporated.
- Grease a round cake pan with butter, pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Test it by sticking a toothpick in the center, if it comes out dry then the cake is baked.
- Let it cool down a bit before unmolding, enjoy.
Recipe & Photo Credit: iguaria.com