Learn how to make this easy and delicious Portuguese apple marmalade dessert (marmelada de maçã), it makes a great snack.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||25 min|
|Ready In||40 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2.2 lbs of apples, peeled and sliced 3 and 1/4 cups of sugar1 cinnamon stickWater (to taste)lemon juice (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a pan, cook the apples with a little water to cover them, the cinnamon stick and a few drops of lemon juice until cooked.
- Once cooked, drain the water, remove the cinnamon stick and puree the apples with a hand blender.
- Bring the apples back to the heat and add the sugar.
- Stir and let it cook over medium heat until the sugar has melted and it leaves streaks on the bottom of the pan.
- Place it in small bowls once it's cold and cover with parchment paper soaked in brandy.
- Let it sit for a while, before serving, remove the parchment paper and enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Tomatoes freeze very well, so if you have a large quantity of tomatoes from your garden, this article is for you.
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.
The 20 best Portuguese foods to try while visiting Portugal.