Portuguese Apple Marmalade Dessert Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Oct 29, 2019
0 out of 5 with ratings
2.2 lbs of apples, peeled and sliced 3 and 1/4 cups of sugar1 cinnamon stickWater (to taste)lemon juice (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan, cook the apples with a little water to cover them, the cinnamon stick and a few drops of lemon juice until cooked.
- Once cooked, drain the water, remove the cinnamon stick and puree the apples with a hand blender.
- Bring the apples back to the heat and add the sugar.
- Stir and let it cook over medium heat until the sugar has melted and it leaves streaks on the bottom of the pan.
- Place it in small bowls once it's cold and cover with parchment paper soaked in brandy.
- Let it sit for a while, before serving, remove the parchment paper and enjoy.