Portuguese Apple & Cinnamon Liqueur Recipe
Posted in: Drinks
Nov 1, 2019
5 out of 5 with 1 ratings
4 cups of aguardente (moonshine)2 cups of sugar8 cinnamon sticks8 cups of apples, in pieces
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Wash the apples very well and cut them into small pieces.
- In a wide-mouthed glass container with a lid, add the sugar, cinnamon sticks, the brandy and stir/mix well.
- Add the apples, stir again and let it sit for 10 days (shaking the jar once daily (this operation is very important to ensure a good quality liquor).
- After 10 days, filter the liqueur with a paper coffee filter.
- Place in a tightly sealed glass bottle.
- Leave the liqueur in the bottle(s) for one month before serving.