This delicious and moist pineapple and Greek yogurt cake (bolo de ananás e iogurte grego) makes a great tasty snack.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 small Greek yogurt, unflavored (6 ounces)2 yogurt cups of sugar3 yogurt cups of flour1 teaspoon of vanilla extract4 eggs2 teaspoons of baking powder1/2 cup of pineapple with juiceLiquid caramel (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Grease a cake pan with liquid caramel (preferably homemade) and put some pineapple slices around the pan.
- Beat the Greek yogurt with the sugar and add the egg yolks one by one.
- Now add the flour and baking powder and a little less than half cup of pineapple juice from the can and mix well.
- Beat the egg whites and carefully incorporate into the batter.
- Pour it into the cake pan and bake at 180°C or 350°F for 50 minutes (do the toothpick test to see if it's ready).
- Unmold still hot and enjoy.
It looks delicious but not sure what you mean by 2 yogurt cups of sugar and 3 yogurt cups of flour? What is a yogurt cup?
1 year ago, Saturday, April 23, 2022
You might also like:
Learn how to make Portuguese donuts (filhoses) with Angela Castro from the Olive Branch, this recipe makes a small batch.
How to make Angela's Azores style bifanas, a traditional Portuguese dish renowned for their savory and succulent nature. These delectable treats consist of thin slices of marinated pork, typically served in a bread...
Influenced by Mediterranean cuisine, Portuguese fare heavily relies on seafood. From crispy whole sardines to dried and salted cod, these are the dishes to try in Lisbon and beyond.
How to make Portuguese chicken gizzards, also known as moelas, a popular dish in Portuguese cuisine.
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.
Check out some of the amazing food at Famous Churrascaria Portuguese BBQ & Grill Family Restaurant on 144 Rodman St. in Fall River.