This Portuguese rice cakes recipe (receita de bolos de arroz) is very simple and quick to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||20 min|
|Ready In||35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 cups of rice flour1/3 cup of butter (unsalted)3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar2 eggs3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (200 ml) of milk1 teaspoon of baking powderLemon zest (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Grease and dust with flour muffin baking cups.
- In a bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the eggs one by one, always beating.
- Add the milk, flour, baking powder, lemon zest and beat well.
- Add the batter to the cups without overfilling and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You might also like:
Chef Keoni Chang shares this Hawaiian style Portuguese sweet bread French toast recipe that's an irresistible local breakfast favorite!
On this video, Nancy shows you how to make delicious Portuguese almond tarts (queijadas de amêndoa).
Do you know what the popular cozido à portuguesa (boiled meal) is and what it contains?