This delicious Portuguese monk-fish rice with mussels recipe (receita de arroz de tamboril com mexilhão) is easy to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||30 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 and 1/4 cups of rice (to taste)1 lb of monkfish1 bunch of coriander1 fresh chilli pepper1 onion, chopped4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 cup of white wine2 ripe tomatoes, chopped1/2 green pepper, cut in strips1/2 lb of frozen musselsSalt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Parsley (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Dice the monkfish and cook in boiling water seasoned with salt and parsley (to taste) for about 5 minutes or until it turns white.
- Pass the cooking broth through a net strainer and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil, when the onion is translucent add the chilli pepper, the tomato and the wine.
- Let it evaporate a little and then add twice as much of the hot broth then the amount of rice.
- Add the rice and green pepper as soon as the stock boils.
- Halfway through cooking, add the monkfish and mussels (without defrosting) and cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let it stand a few minutes, sprinkle with the chopped coriander and garnish with some previously cooked mussels.
How long do you cook the monkfish for in the water?
2 years ago, Monday, October 18, 2021
You might also like:
At Lisbon Zoo, we invite you to travel around the world without leaving Lisbon while contributing to a major global project of conservation of endangered species and their habitats.
Here's some recipe ideas for your next family BBQ, this list was put together by my son Michael.
How to make a tosta mista sandwich, a popular Portuguese and Brazilian sandwich that consists of ham and cheese toasted between two slices of bread.
Watch this video to learn how to make Portuguese fried fava beans step by step with Nancy.
Olive oil is extremely beneficial to one's health. Many diseases are cured as a result, and one's appearance improves as well.
Learn how to make pão de Deus (God's bread) with Michael Santos, it includes the written recipe.