Portuguese Monk-Fish Rice with Mussels Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Nov 22, 2019
4 out of 5 with 1 ratings
1 and 1/4 cups of rice (to taste)1 lb of monkfish1 bunch of coriander1 fresh chilli pepper1 onion, chopped4 cloves of garlic, crushed1/2 cup of white wine2 ripe tomatoes, chopped1/2 green pepper, cut in strips1/2 lb of frozen musselsSalt (to taste)Olive oil (to taste)Parsley (to taste)
- Dice the monkfish and cook in water seasoned with salt and parsley (to taste).
- Pass the cooking broth through a net strainer and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil, when the onion is translucent add the chilli pepper, the tomato and the wine.
- Let it evaporate a little and then add twice as much of the hot broth then the amount of rice.
- Add the rice and green pepper as soon as the stock boils.
- Halfway through cooking, add the monkfish and mussels (without defrosting) and cook on low for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let it stand a few minutes, sprinkle with the chopped coriander and garnish with some previously cooked mussels.