Portuguese Coconut Custard Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Nov 24, 2019
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
2 tablespoons of cornstarch1 cup of whole milk or 1 cup of low fat milk1 cup of sweetened grated coconut3 large eggs1 cup of sugar2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted1⁄4 teaspoon of lemon juice1⁄2 teaspoon of almond extract1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Adjust the rack to middle position in the oven.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with 10 paper cupcake liners.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the eggs and sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Now, add the cornstarch mixture, remaining milk, coconut, melted butter, lemon juice and the extracts, stirring well after each addition.
- Ladle the custard into the paper cups, filling to 1/4 inch from the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the coconut is nicely toasted.
- Cool completely in the tin before serving.