This Portuguese lemon and milk pudding recipe (receita de pudim de limão e leite) is very easy to prepare and makes a delicious dessert.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||12 h 55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
7 large eggs1 cup of milk3/4 cup of sugar1 lemon peel1 tablespoon of cornstarchLime slices (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Caramelize the bottom of a pudding pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Heat the milk with the lemon peel, bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and cornstarch and beat well so it doesn't have any lumps.
- Discard the lemon peel that are in warm milk, strain the milk and pour it over the previous preparation, stirring constantly.
- Place the mixture in the previously caramelized pudding pan and bake in a water bath for about 35/40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Unmold and serve garnished with lime slices.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Angela Castro - The Olive Branch shows you how to make Portuguese coscorões on this step by step video.
In this video Pedro Ramos shows you how to make a seafood cataplana (a popular dish from the Algarve region).
Must Eat Portuguese Food | Top 10 Best Local Foods To Try In Porto, Portugal!