Portuguese Lemon & Milk Pudding Recipe
Posted in: Dessert RecipesMon, Nov 25, 2019
3 out of 5 with 30 ratings
7 large eggs1 cup of milk3/4 cup of sugar1 lemon peel1 tablespoon of cornstarchLime slices (to taste) * Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Caramelize the bottom of a pudding pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Heat the milk with the lemon peel, bring to a boil, remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and cornstarch and beat well so it doesn't have any lumps.
- Discard the lemon peel that are in warm milk, strain the milk and pour it over the previous preparation, stirring constantly.
- Place the mixture in the previously caramelized pudding pan and bake in a water bath for about 35/40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Unmold and serve garnished with lime slices.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!