This Portuguese cinnamon liqueur (licor de canela) does take some time to be ready, but it is worth it for all you cinnamon lovers.
4 and 1/4 cups of aguardente (use can also use rum)12 cinnamon sticks2 and 1/2 cups of sugar3/4 cup of waterGet Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Place the aguardente in a bottle suitable for liqueurs, together with the cinnamon sticks, seal it and let it stand for about a month.
- After this time, put the sugar in a pan, along with the water and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Allow it to cool and add it to the brandy and cinnamon.
- Mix everything well and let it stand for another 2 months.
- After that time it is ready to be served.
Like this Recipe? Leave a comment!
My mother always made this around Christmas and ally aunts loved this. this was called a drink for the ladies
1 month ago, Saturday, June 25, 2022