Portuguese White Bean Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snack RecipesFri, Jan 3, 2020
4 out of 5 with 22 ratings
Views: 38776 - Comments 9
2 and 2/3 cups of granulated sugar1 and 1/3 cups of white bean puree1/2 tablespoon of butter6 egg yolks1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind1/2 cup of ground almonds or almond flour Get Portuguese ingredients
- Makes about 20-24 tarts.
- Soak 1 cup of white beans overnight in water.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put in a small saucepan with water to just cover and cook until softened.
- Drain beans.
- Put beans in a food processor and puree.
- Measure out 1 and 1/3 cups.
- Heat the sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to pearl stage.
- Add the bean puree and ground almonds to the sugar mixture and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool a little.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very fast so the yolks don’t coagulate.
- Butter and line the tart tins or muffin tins with a pastry of your choice.
- Fill with the bean mixture to about half full.
- If using individual tins place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C or 375°F for about 20 minutes (careful not to burn).
- Remove from tins and cool.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Marilyn, thebasquewife.com
Barbara Hind - 12 Months ago
A family friend, who has just turned 101 years old, used to make these. They taste absolutely heavenly. So smooth and creamy.
[reply] (+0) (-0)
Natalia Soeiro - 2 Years ago
Hello Eddy, I need your help please, When you say pastry of your choice, could you tell me which one that you use? Thank you!
Hi Natalia, you really don't need to use pastry for these, the ones on the picture for this recipe don't, it's entirely up to the person.
2 Years ago