Portuguese White Bean Tarts Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Jan 3, 2020
0 out of 5 with ratings
2 and 2/3 cups of granulated sugar1 and 1/3 cups of white bean puree1/2 tablespoon of butter6 egg yolks1/2 teaspoon of lemon rind1/2 cup of ground almonds or almond flour
- Makes about 20-24 tarts.
- Soak 1 cup of white beans overnight in water.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Put in a small saucepan with water to just cover and cook until softened.
- Drain beans.
- Put beans in a food processor and puree.
- Measure out 1 and 1/3 cups.
- Heat the sugar with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to pearl stage.
- Add the bean puree and ground almonds to the sugar mixture and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool a little.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix very fast so the yolks don’t coagulate.
- Butter and line the tart tins or muffin tins with a pastry of your choice.
- Fill with the bean mixture to about half full.
- If using individual tins place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C or 375°F for about 20 minutes (careful not to burn).
- Remove from tins and cool.