This delicious Portuguese roasted pork loin and chouriço with potatoes recipe (receita de lombo de porco com chouriço e batatas) is very easy to prepare.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 lbs of pork loin2 onions, chopped4 cloves of garlic, chopped3 tablespoons of mild pepper sauce1 sprig of parsley, thyme and rosemary1 cup of white wine1/4 cup of olive oil2 chili peppers (plus one large to garnish)Chouriço slices (to taste)Potatoes (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Thoroughly clean the loin of excess fat, tie it with a kitchen string and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or ºF.
- In a bowl, add the onions the garlic cloves, the pepper sauce, the sprigs of parsley, thyme and rosemary, the wine, the olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste) and the chili peppers.
- Arrange the meat on a pyrex dish with the slices of chouriço then pour the seasoning mixture you prepared over the meat.
- Cook for about 50 minutes depending on the oven.
- Fry the potatoes in oil, remove and drain them on absorbent paper.
- 10 minute before the meat is done, add them to the pyrex dish around the meat.
- Once done, remove and serve immediately.
This was soooo good. I’m always a little hesitant to make pork loin. It’s either too dry or under cooked. This neither.
1 year ago, Thursday, November 24, 2022
You might also like:
Cooking measurements can vary depending on where you are located in the world. However, some of the most common cooking measurements used in recipes include.
On this video watch Nancy step by step on how to make this delicious banana chocolate chip loaf.
Portugal is undoubtedly one of the most under-rated vacation destinations in all of Europe. It is a beautiful country with a rich history and culture, as well as a warm and welcoming climate.