Portuguese Roasted Pork Loin & Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Jan 8, 2020
0 out of 5 with ratings
2 lbs of pork loin2 onions, chopped4 cloves of garlic, chopped3 tablespoons of mild pepper sauce1 sprig of parsley, thyme and rosemary1 cup of white wine1/4 cup of olive oil2 chili peppers (plus one large to garnish)Chouriço slices (to taste)Potatoes (to taste)Salt (to taste)Pepper (to taste)
- Thoroughly clean the loin of excess fat, tie it with a kitchen string and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or ºF.
- In a bowl, add the onions the garlic cloves, the pepper sauce, the sprigs of parsley, thyme and rosemary, the wine, the olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste) and the chili peppers.
- Arrange the meat on a pyrex dish with the slices of chouriço then pour the seasoning mixture you prepared over the meat.
- Cook for about 50 minutes depending on the oven.
- Fry the potatoes in oil, remove and drain them on absorbent paper.
- 10 minute before the meat is done, add them to the pyrex dish around the meat.
- Once done, remove and serve immediately.