Portuguese Lemon Leite de Creme Recipe
Posted in: Desserts
Jan 11, 2020
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
4 and 1/4 cups of milk (1 liter)6 egg yolks1 cup of sugar1/3 cup of cornstarch1 lemon (peel only)Sugar, to sprinkle
Get Portuguese food & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- In a pan, pour the milk and strips of the lemon peel, bring to a boil and put aside.
- In a bowl, beat sugar with the cornstarch, add egg yolks and beat again.
- Add the milk and stir constantly until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Return to heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat, remove the lemon peel, put into individual bowls and let it cool.
- When serving, sprinkle with sugar and burn with a kitchen torch.