Portuguese Moist Yogurt & Lemon Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Jan 16, 2020
3 out of 5 with 3 ratings
4 eggs1 small sweetened natural yogurt (about 150 ml)3 measures of the yogurt cup of sugar1 barely filled measure of the yogurt cup of oil1 medium lemon (juice and zest)3 measures of the yogurt cup of flour1/2 teaspoon of baking powderCinnamon, for sprinkling Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC or 340ºF.
- Grease a cake pan with margarine or butter, sprinkle it with flour and set aside.
- Start by beating the eggs with the yogurt very well, then add the sugar, oil, lemon juice and zest and beat again.
- Finally add the flour and baking powder and stir/mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle it with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Check if it's cooked using a toothpick, remove and let it cool outside the oven.