How to make Portuguese linguiça rice.
|Preparation time||5 min|
|Cooking Time||40 min|
|Ready In||45 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1⁄4 cup of butter1 (16 ounce) linguica sausage, sliced1 teaspoon of salt4 cups of water2 cups of rice Get Portuguese ingredients
- Put Butter and sliced linguiça in a pot over medium heat.
- Brown the linguiça for about 15 minutes.
- Add the water to the pot, and then the salt.
- Bring to a boil and add rice.
- When it boils again, turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Stir Occasionally throughout cooking (about 15-20 minutes).
Hi, I was wondering if there was a particular brand or style of rice that works well with this recipe?
1 year ago, Tuesday, August 9, 2022
I make This all the time. My family loves it! I do however add a packet of sazoon to the rice while its cooking. A can of red beans and fresh parsley at the end.
1 year ago, Saturday, March 5, 2022
You might also like:
Portuguese food tends to use a small amount of seasonings, usually only added to enhance the natural flavor and high quality of the ingredients used.
Tia Maria's Blog has received millions of visitors and has over 40,000 social media followers from countries around the world.
Learn how to make Portuguese peas and chouriço with Angela from Angela Castro- The Olive Branch.