Portuguese Grandma's Orange Cookies Recipe
Posted in: Snacks
Feb 3, 2020
3 out of 5 with 1 ratings
2 and 1/3 cups of flour (about 300gr)1/4 cup of butter2/3 cup of sugar1 Egg1 teaspoon of baking powderZest and juice from 1 orange Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and place parchment paper on a tray.
- Beat the sugar with the melted butter until well dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and the juice and mix well.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- If necessary, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle a counter top and continue kneading.
- When everything is well kneaded, if necessary, add a little milk so that the dough is capable of being formed in cookies by hand.
- Divide the dough into small portions and form into cookies (to taste).
- Arrange on the tray and bake until the cookies are golden in color (about 10 to 15 minutes).