This great tasting Portuguese grandma's orange cookies recipe (receita de biscoitos de laranja) take less then 30 minutes to make.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||15 min|
|Ready In||30 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
2 and 1/3 cups of flour (about 300gr)1/4 cup of butter2/3 cup of sugar1 Egg1 teaspoon of baking powderZest and juice from 1 orange Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and place parchment paper on a tray.
- Beat the sugar with the melted butter until well dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and the juice and mix well.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- If necessary, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle a counter top and continue kneading.
- When everything is well kneaded, if necessary, add a little milk so that the dough is capable of being formed in cookies by hand.
- Divide the dough into small portions and form into cookies (to taste).
- Arrange on the tray and bake until the cookies are golden in color (about 10 to 15 minutes).
I made these today, it was a super easy recipe. I left out the zest( I wasn't sure I'd like the chunks) They came out great. They are very dense in consistency but very good. I will definitely make them again. Thank you Eddy for sharing!
7 months ago, Wednesday, April 12, 2023
You might also like:
On this video, Michael Santos shows you hot to make amêijoas à Bulhão Pato with clams, garlic, olive oil and wine.
What is broa de milho (Portuguese cornbread)? The usual ingredients for this traditional Portuguese cornbread are cornmeal, wheat flour, water, and salt.
Welcome back to Travel, Eat, Repeat hosted by Iz Harris! On today's episode, Iz is in beautiful Porto, Portugal to have more egg tarts and the francesinha sandwich.
People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases.
Many people will make New Year’s resolutions, however the majority will also fail to achieve them. But making resolutions is still a good idea—with plenty of positive effects.
Here are 25 highly-rated restaurants in São Miguel, Azores, Portugal, based on online ratings and reviews.