Portuguese Grandma's Orange Cookies Recipe
Posted in: SnacksMon, Feb 3, 2020
4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
Views: 14610 - Comments 5
2 and 1/3 cups of flour (about 300gr)1/4 cup of butter2/3 cup of sugar1 Egg1 teaspoon of baking powderZest and juice from 1 orange Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF and place parchment paper on a tray.
- Beat the sugar with the melted butter until well dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the orange zest and the juice and mix well.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- If necessary, add a little more flour.
- Sprinkle a counter top and continue kneading.
- When everything is well kneaded, if necessary, add a little milk so that the dough is capable of being formed in cookies by hand.
- Divide the dough into small portions and form into cookies (to taste).
- Arrange on the tray and bake until the cookies are golden in color (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Recipe & Photo Credit: pequenosprazeres-pl.blogspot.com
Jennifer Haltom - 2 Months ago
I made these today, it was a super easy recipe. I left out the zest( I wasn't sure I'd like the chunks) They came out great. They are very dense in consistency but very good. I will definitely make them again. Thank you Eddy for sharing!
[reply] (+0) (-0)