Portuguese Baked Cod Fritters Recipe
Posted in: Fish / Seafood
Feb 17, 2020
4 out of 5 with 20 ratings
1 lb of peeled potatoes1 lb of soaked cod1 onion2 garlic cloves1 bunch of parsley3 eggs1 pinch of saltPepper (to taste)2 tablespoons of olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Cut the potatoes in half, wash them and cook them in boiling water.
- When 5 minutes have passed, add the cod and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then drain everything and reduce the potatoes to puree.
- Remove the skin and any bones from the cod, shred it to very small bits using your hands, then add it to the mashed potato.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop everything very finely and mix with the cod, as well as the chopped parsley and eggs, one by one and mixing well between each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix until you get a hard dough that can be shaped.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C of 400°F.
- Grease A tray with the olive oil, mold the dough into fritters (to taste) and place them on the tray.
- Bake until golden brown and serve hot.