This is a healthier alternative by making delicious Portuguese baked cod croquettes (pastéis de bacalhau no forno) by baking them instead of frying them.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||50 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 lb of peeled potatoes1 lb of soaked cod1 onion2 garlic cloves1 bunch of parsley3 eggs1 pinch of saltPepper (to taste)2 tablespoons of olive oil Get Portuguese ingredients
- Cut the potatoes in half, wash them and cook them in boiling water.
- When 5 minutes have passed, add the cod and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then drain everything and reduce the potatoes to puree.
- Remove the skin and any bones from the cod, shred it to very small bits using your hands, then add it to the mashed potato.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop everything very finely and mix with the cod, as well as the chopped parsley and eggs, one by one and mixing well between each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix until you get a hard dough that can be shaped.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C of 400°F.
- Grease A tray with the olive oil, mold the dough into fritters (to taste) and place them on the tray.
- Bake until golden brown and serve hot.
Question, you say 1lb of soaked cod. Does that mean salted cod that has been soaked? If yes is it 1lb after soaked? Can I use frozen code instead of salted cod?
1 year ago, Wednesday, February 16, 2022
You might also like:
Watch this video to find out which are the best seafood restaurants in Lisbon.
How to make a Portuguese alheira sausage meal, often simply referred to as alheira, is a traditional sausage from Portugal. It has a distinctive shape and is commonly made with a combination of meats, typically...
Aprenda a fazer esta receita de feijoada à Portuguesa.