Portuguese Hot Fried Rabbit Recipe
Posted in: Xtra RecipesWed, Feb 19, 2020
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
Views: 7263 - Comments 0
1 rabbit, cut into pieces4 cloves of garlic, minced2 tablespoons of pepper sauce, mild or hot (to taste)1 chili pepper, sliced2 bay leaves, cut in half1/2 cup of olive oil3/4 cup of white wine1 bunch of chopped parsleyLemon juice (to taste)Salt (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- In a bowl, season the rabbit with some salt, taking into account that the pepper sauce is already salty, especially if it is homemade.
- Add the chopped garlic, chili pepper, pepper sauce and bay leaves.
- Mix very well, drizzle with white wine and marinate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, and fry the drained rabbit pieces with the bay leaves.
- Let it fry over medium heat for about 20 minutes and stir occasionally so that it doesn't burn.
- After 20 minutes and when the rabbit is golden brown, add the marinade.
- Fry for another 10 minutes and stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat, drizzle with a little lemon juice and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Neuza Costa, saborintenso.com