Serve this delicious and creamy Portuguese Sunday cod recipe (receita de bacalhau de domingo) garnished with parsley and accompanied with a salad.
3 Large cod loins2 tablespoons of flourMilk (enough to cook the cod.1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream2 large onionsOlive oil (to taste)* Get Portuguese ingredients & stuff
- Start by cooking the cod in the milk.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes neither too large nor too small and fry them.
- Once cooked, remove the cod from the milk (save the milk), shred it and remove the bones and skin.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil (to taste) and onions cut into slices and cook a little.
- Add the shredded cod and stir.
- Sprinkle with the flour, stirring constantly and add the milk used for cooking the cod, just enough to cover the cod, stir and let it thicken a little but not too much.
- At this point add the fried potatoes and mix.
- Add half of the cream, mix everything very well and add some grated cheese.
- Add into a pyrex dish greased with butter and pour the rest of the cream on top, stirring with a fork so that the cream "seeps" into it and top it off with a lot of grated cheese.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C or 350°F until golden brown, but not to long, so it doesn't get to dry.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.