Portuguese Creamy Sunday Cod Recipe
Posted in: SeafoodSun, Feb 23, 2020
5 out of 5 with 4 ratings
Views: 6805 - Comments 3
3 Large cod loins2 tablespoons of flourMilk (enough to cook the cod.1 and 1/2 cups of heavy cream2 large onionsOlive oil (to taste)6 large potatoes or to tasteGrated cheese (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Start by cooking the cod in the milk.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes neither too large nor too small and fry them.
- Once cooked, remove the cod from the milk (save the milk), shred it and remove the bones and skin.
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil (to taste) and onions cut into slices and cook a little.
- Add the shredded cod and stir.
- Sprinkle with the flour, stirring constantly and add the milk used for cooking the cod, just enough to cover the cod, stir and let it thicken a little but not too much.
- At this point add the fried potatoes and mix.
- Add half of the cream, mix everything very well and add some grated cheese.
- Add into a pyrex dish greased with butter and pour the rest of the cream on top, stirring with a fork so that the cream "seeps" into it and top it off with a lot of grated cheese.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C or 350°F until golden brown, but not to long, so it doesn't get to dry.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: receitasdeportugal.com
ed - 3 Months ago
Delicious, however it lacks umami. I'd add some garlic, salt/pepper, and maybe chili flakes to spike this dish up. I'm wondering how to add to this recipe by tossing in some shrimp, and scallops. I'm going to try this again with the ingredients suggested.
[reply] (+0) (-0)