This delicious and simple Portuguese roasted oregano chicken recipe (receita de frango assado no forno com orégãos) makes a great family meal.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||3 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 chicken cut into pieces1/4 cup of butter3 tablespoons of red crushed pepper sauce (to taste)2 garlic cloves, choppedSalt (to taste)Piri piri sauce (to taste)1 teaspoon of paprika1 teaspoon of oreganoJuice of 1 lemon1/2 cup of white wineDiced potatoes (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Put the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add the pepper sauce and mix well, add the garlic, salt, piri piri sauce, oregano, paprika and lemon juice and mix well.
- Brush the chicken with this mixture and let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Place the potatoes with a little salt and the chicken in a pyrex dish and drizzle with the white wine.
- Roast for about 50 minutes and enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
How this 183 year old Portuguese café in Belem, Portugal makes the famous and original custard tarts.
We share interesting Portugal Facts and how the Portuguese culture has spread around the world as a result of cultural diffusion to the global community.
How to make Portuguese pimenta moída, translated as ground pepper or crushed pepper in English, holds a significant place in Portuguese cuisine, contributing both flavor and heat to a variety of dishes.