This Portuguese cod soufflé recipe (receita de tarte de bacalhau) is a unique version of the traditional bacalhau com natas dish, enjoy.
|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 10 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 onion, chopped6 garlic cloves, chopped5 ounces of leeks1 lb of salted cod1/4 cup of olive oil1 tablespoon of flour4 eggs1/2 cup of heavy cream1 and 1/2 cups of milkSalt and pepper (to taste)1 premade pie crust Get Portuguese ingredients
- Begin by soaking the cod in a bowl of cold water, after 24-48 hours, drain the cod, rinse, and drain again (do this process 2 to 3 times).
- Now remove the bones and skin, shred the cod into small pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves, leeks, and chopped onions to a frying pan and saute them in the olive oil.
- Add the shredded cod to the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and stir it well.
- Add the filling to the premade pie crust.
- Separately, mix the eggs with the milk, flour, and heavy cream until it reaches a smooth and even consistency.
- Pour this mixture over the premade crust.
- Bake at 180°C or 355°F for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven, let it cool for about 15 minutes and then serve.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Trying Portuguese Food in the Algarve. It's our final day here in Portugal and we through we would head out and try some of the local Portugal food.
Top 5 light but delicious Portuguese dessert recipes was put together by Michael Costa.
Portugal, the Europe we didn’t know existed!
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.
Portuguese food tends to use a small amount of seasonings, usually only added to enhance the natural flavor and high quality of the ingredients used.
How to make pan roasted chestnuts, a delectable treat, especially popular during the fall and winter seasons.