Portuguese Cod Soufflé Recipe
Posted in: Seafood RecipesSat, Feb 29, 2020
4 out of 5 with 3 ratings
- Begin by soaking the cod in a bowl of cold water, after 24-48 hours, drain the cod, rinse, and drain again (do this process 2 to 3 times).
- Now remove the bones and skin, shred the cod into small pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves, leeks, and chopped onions to a frying pan and saute them in the olive oil.
- Add the shredded cod to the pan and let it cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and stir it well.
- Add the filling to the premade pie crust.
- Separately, mix the eggs with the milk, flour, and heavy cream until it reaches a smooth and even consistency.
- Pour this mixture over the premade crust.
- Bake at 180°C or 355°F for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, remove from the oven, let it cool for about 15 minutes and then serve.