Portuguese Orange Cream Cake Recipe
Posted in: Cakes / Cheesecakes
Mar 1, 2020
3 out of 5 with 17 ratings
2 and 2/3 cups of flour (about 345gr)1 teaspoon of baking powder1 and 1/3 cups of sugar (about 270gr)1 and 3/4 cups of 35% whipping cream (about 400ml)4 eggs1 orange, juice and zest2 tablespoons of grated coconutA pinch of salt Get Portuguese ingredients & more This site uses US measurements.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar, beat well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the orange zest to the mixture, followed by the orange juice.
- Beat the cream aside and fold it into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Finally add the flour and baking powder into the mixture, followed by the coconut and a pinch of salt, stir well without beating so that everything is well incorporated.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter, pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes (stick a toothpick in the center if it comes out dry then the cake is baked).
- Let it cool down a little before unmolding, enjoy.