This orange cream cake recipe (receita de bolo de natas e laranja) is delicious and simple to make.
|Preparation time||10 min|
|Cooking Time||45 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
2 and 2/3 cups of flour (about 345gr)1 teaspoon of baking powder1 and 1/3 cups of sugar (about 270gr)1 and 3/4 cups of 35% whipping cream (about 400ml)4 eggs1 orange, juice and zest2 tablespoons of grated coconutA pinch of salt Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC or 375ºF.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar, beat well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Add the orange zest to the mixture, followed by the orange juice.
- Beat the cream aside and fold it into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Finally add the flour and baking powder into the mixture, followed by the coconut and a pinch of salt, stir well without beating so that everything is well incorporated.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with butter, pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes (stick a toothpick in the center if it comes out dry then the cake is baked).
- Let it cool down a little before unmolding, enjoy.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Gordon is in Portugal this week on Uncharted, exploring all the amazing things this country has to offer including an incredible pig called Porco Preto (Black Iberian).
On this video, Michael Santos from Just Cook With Michael Santos shows you how to make a popular and delicious Portuguese chicken soup (Canja).
Gordon Ramsay's version of the Portuguese bifana, what do you think?