This Portuguese beans with chicken and chouriço recipe (receita de feijoada de frango e chouriço) makes a delicious meal for the whole family.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||1 h 20 min|
|Ready In||1 h 35 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces1 chouriço, cut into thin slices3 and 1/2 ounces of bacon, cut into sticks1 large carrot, cut into thin slices1 spoon of mild pepper sauce1/4 cup of olive oil1 onion, finely chopped2 garlic cloves, finely chopped1 bay leaf1 cup of dry white wine3 tablespoons of tomato paste1 and 3/4 lbs of cooked white beans1 teaspoon of cuminSalt and pepper (to taste)2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley Get Portuguese ingredients
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chicken pieces.
- Brown on all sides for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, the garlic, the chouriço slices and the smoked bacon sticks.
- Mix everything and let it brown a little.
- Season with salt, pepper, pepper sauce and cumin.
- Add the bay leaf and the tomato paste and mix.
- Sprinkle with white wine and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the carrot slices.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for approximately 1 hour, or until the chicken is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Whenever necessary, add small amounts of water so that the sauce does not dry out.
- 10 to 15 minutes before the end of cooking, add the cooked white beans.
- Check the seasonings and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes with the lid on, before serving.
There are no comments for this recipe.
You might also like:
Rissóis de camarão, Portuguese shrimp turnovers, are a staple Portuguese dish. Change up the recipe by filling them with chicken, beef or vegetables if desired.
We spent the last month exploring all of the beauty that The Algarve has to offer.
This video shows you some great golden sand beaches in Portimão, Algarve.