Portuguese Beans with Chicken & Chouriço Recipe
Posted in: Poultry
Mar 7, 2020
4 out of 5 with 10 ratings
1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces1 chouriço, cut into thin slices3 and 1/2 ounces of bacon, cut into sticks1 large carrot, cut into thin slices1 spoon of mild pepper sauce1/4 cup of olive oil1 onion, finely chopped2 garlic cloves, finely chopped1 bay leaf1 cup of dry white wine3 tablespoons of tomato paste1 and 3/4 lbs of cooked white beans1 teaspoon of cuminSalt and pepper (to taste)2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chicken pieces.
- Brown on all sides for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion, the garlic, the chouriço slices and the smoked bacon sticks.
- Mix everything and let it brown a little.
- Season with salt, pepper, pepper sauce and cumin.
- Add the bay leaf and the tomato paste and mix.
- Sprinkle with white wine and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add the carrot slices.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for approximately 1 hour, or until the chicken is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Whenever necessary, add small amounts of water so that the sauce does not dry out.
- 10 to 15 minutes before the end of cooking, add the cooked white beans.
- Check the seasonings and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes with the lid on, before serving.