Moist Coconut Roll Recipe
Posted in: CakesTue, Mar 10, 2020
4 out of 5 with 18 ratings
Views: 20183 - Comments 2
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar (300gr)4 eggs1 and 1/2 cups of grated coconut (130gr)1/2 cup of melted and cold butter (113 gr)Zest of 1 lemonParchment paperButter for greasingSugar or grated coconut Get Portuguese ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, lightly grease it with butter and put aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar with a wire whisk until you get a foamy mixture.
- Add the butter to the previous preparation, mix it, finally add the coconut mixture and lemon zest and mix again.
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- When removing it from the oven, unmold on a clean cloth dusted with sugar or grated coconut.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and roll the pie carefully with the help of the cloth.
- Allow it to cool on the cloth for about 10 minutes, carefully transfer it to a serving dish and refrigerate till cool.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe & Photo Credit: temperosdaiza.blogspot.com
Hi Frederick, as far as the pan, 15" by 10" with 1" rim. There is no jam or jelly, what looks like jam/jelly is the bottom of the tart being undercooked, so when you roll it up it looks like it has.