Portuguese Fried Pork Rojões Recipe
Posted in: Pork
Mar 16, 2020
4 out of 5 with 5 ratings
4 and 1/2 lbs of pork shoulder (with the fat), cubed2 teaspoons of cumin2 tablespoons of olive oil6 garlic cloves, chopped2 bay leaves2 teaspoons of salt1 teaspoon of black pepper1 bottle of Portuguese white wine1 lb of potatoes, chopped2 teaspoons of parsley, chopped
Get groceries & other stuff
This site uses US measurements.
- Marinate the pork in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients for 9 to 10 hours (mixed well), minus the potatoes and parsley.
- Now, add the pork along with the marinade to a large saucepan over low heat and let it simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Reserve and set aside most of the liquid in the saucepan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Saute the pork for 5 minutes until it becomes a nice browned color.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the saucepan along with the reserved marinade and stir it well.
- Turn the heat back to low and let it simmer for another 1 and 1/2 hours (until the pork and potatoes are well tender).
- Once the pork is done, remove from the heat and pour into a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve while hot.