4 out of 5 with 6 ratings
comments: 1 - views: 18494
Serve this delicious orange chicken recipe (receita de frango com laranja) with some plain rice or a salad.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||50 min|
|Ready In||1 h 5 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
4 chicken legs, with skin1 red onion, cut into slices3 cloves of garlic, crushedJuice and zest of 1 orangeJuice of 1 lemon1 sliced orange1 sprig of fresh thyme1 sprig of fresh rosemaryOlive oil (to taste)Salt and pepper (to taste) Get Portuguese ingredients
- Peel and cut the onion into slices.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, garlic and lemon juice and marinate for two hours.
- In a large frying pan that is oven safe, heat two tablespoons of olive oil and once it is hot, add the chicken legs (drained from the marinade) and fry them until brown on all sides.
- Add the sliced onion on the bottom, the chicken on top, then the orange zest, orange slices, the thyme, rosemary and drizzle with the orange juice.
- Place the pan in a preheated oven at 200°C or 400°F for about 35 minutes or until the meat is well cooked.
- During cooking, occasionally turn the meat over, so that it is evenly cooked.
Recipe & Photo Credit: piccolericette.net