You can make this delicious Portuguese old fashioned fig jam recipe (receita de doce de figo antiga) in less then 30 minutes.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 and 1/2 lbs of figs2 and 1/2 cups of sugarJuice of 1 large orange1 shot of Port wine (40 ml)1 cinnamon stick Get Portuguese ingredients
This recipe makes about 2 medium jars.
- Wash the figs, dry them with absorbent paper, peel and cut them into slices or quarters.
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, port wine, orange juice and cinnamon stick.
- When it boils, turn the heat down and let it cook slowly, stirring occasionally until it has the desired consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Place in jars previously heated with hot water and well dried.
- Place the cap on the jars and turn them over for about an hour.
Maybe this is a silly question but....do you use the whole fig or just the inside? I can't mess this up since my tree is young and did not produce much fruit this year. Obrigado, Ana
1 year ago, Tuesday, September 27, 2022
You might also like:
Portugal is located in southwest Europe, it shares its western and southern borders with Spain and is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, Lisbon is the capital and largest city of Portugal.
The Meco beach (or Moinho de Baixo Beach) is a beach next to Aldeia do Meco Village, on the west coast of Sesimbra municipality.
In this video, Camy Arriola teaches you how to cut onions without crying. This easy way to cut an onion will not make you cry because you aren't severing the root. Make sure to always cut onions this way to make...