You can make this delicious Portuguese old fashioned fig jam recipe (receita de doce de figo antiga) in less then 30 minutes.
|Preparation time||15 min|
|Cooking Time||10 min|
|Ready In||25 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
1 and 1/2 lbs of figs2 and 1/2 cups of sugarJuice of 1 large orange1 shot of Port wine (40 ml)1 cinnamon stick Get Portuguese food & stuff
This recipe makes about 2 medium jars.
- Wash the figs, dry them with absorbent paper, peel and cut them into slices or quarters.
- Place them in a saucepan with the sugar, port wine, orange juice and cinnamon stick.
- When it boils, turn the heat down and let it cook slowly, stirring occasionally until it has the desired consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Place in jars previously heated with hot water and well dried.
- Place the cap on the jars and turn them over for about an hour.
Maybe this is a silly question but....do you use the whole fig or just the inside? I can't mess this up since my tree is young and did not produce much fruit this year. Obrigado, Ana
4 months ago, Tuesday, September 27, 2022